Friday, April 13, 2018

I'm Back / Life Update

Hello! Its been a while, huh?

A lot has changed in my life recently, more the better as of late. I took a voluntary demotion to part-time at work, have started dieting again, and even started writing a novel!

So first, yes, I stepped down in my position at work. It was not an easy decision, but I'd been thinking about it for a few months and knew it was my best option. Since the middle of January I'd been having trouble sleeping, had no motivation, and my depression had come back stronger than ever. I was stressed out all the time, and realized I needed to take a step back. I've been working as part-time since April 1st, and I don't have any regrets so far. 

Last year I lost 70lbs, and in these last four months have gained back about 24lbs. The weight gain aided in my depression, but I was also struggling physically. In February I experienced some severe back pain, and was bed ridden for three days. After speaking with two doctors, we discovered the muscles around my spine separated after my weight loss. I was given medications, got a back brace, and met with a physiotherapist. I'm doing much better, but still have off days. This month I have re-entered my focus on my health, working out again, monitoring portion control, and drinking a lot more water.

And finally, I started writing my novel! There isn't much I can share right now, but it is about something that is very personal and important to me. It's taken up a lot of my time lately, but I'm loving every second of it. I've always wanted to be a writer, so I'm thrilled I've finally committed to it. 

So that's a quick update on my life! You can always keep up with my day-to-day life through my social medias, linked in the "About Me" section of this blog.

Thanks for reading!

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment