Friday, January 15, 2016

My University and Major!

Happy Friday!

I have recently realized that I have never taken the time to talk about my university, what I am doing, and my majors!

First off, I am currently in my second year at a small liberal arts university in New Brunswick. It is a 13.5 hour drive from my home in Ontario, which is not easy emotionally or financially. Thankfully I have made some amazing friends that help me to forget that I have been away from home for such long periods of time. There is hardly a night where I go to bed without my cheeks hurting from smiling so much. 

So how did I make such amazing friends? I joined the Welcome Week committee of my residence during the first week of school back in September. This was something I was not emotionally ready for, since I have such bad social anxiety and I was prepared for it to fail. Thankfully it went better than I could ever have hoped for - it was exhausting but extremely worth it. After that I went on to later be voted into the House Committee as the sports and nutrition representative. I am so honoured to hold this position since I'm sure many of you know I have a strong passion for fitness!

Between everything I have going on in my extracurriculars inside and outside of the university, I have been managing a high GPA. I will not get into details since I do not want to come off as bragging in any way, but I am a double major in Psychology and Criminology. In another post or video I can go into details about what I wish my career path to be, but for right now just know that I wish to make a psychological difference in young kids lives. 

Speaking of future posts, I have been asked about my studying and organization tips, as well as how I stay motivated - so keep an eye out for more posts such as those. Somehow I have managed to stay on top of my readings, socialize, watch television, and still get a healthy amount of sleep. Let's hope I can keep up with this!

I know some of you are in school, how is your semester going? For everyone else, how is your 2016 starting out? Mine started a little bumpy but I'm hoping it can only get better from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment