Friday, April 20, 2018

Gaining Weight After a Loss

Hello !

I mentioned in a previous post that I'd gained some of the weight I'd lost back, and I wanted to expand on that. 

On January 5th of this year, I flew into Miami for a seven day cruise, and weighed 198lbs. This morning though, I'm 217lbs. So yes, in the last four months I have gained back almost twenty pounds. 

And you know what? That's okay!

It is normal to plateau during a weight loss journey, and my life became a roller coaster ride during those months. 

My vacation was amazing, but I was definitely intaking more calories than I should have been. Coming back from vacation, I had weeks where I was working up to 44 hours, and didn't have a lot of time to prepare healthy meals. Around the middle of February my back pain got severe enough that I couldn't work out, and my depression took over from there. 

I don't want it to come across like I'm making excuses, I'm just trying to hold myself accountable. I admit that I let it get out of control, and I resorted back to my old ways of turning to food for comfort. 

BUT! That stops now. In April, I have taken back control of my life, and although it's a slow progress, I'm not giving up on myself.

My back hasn't completely healed, but has recovered enough that I can do some weight training, and I get in my cardio wherever I can. I'm getting myself back on track with my food, but still not counting calories.

The point behind this post is admitting to myself that I've made poor choices, and committing to my goals. I've always been open about my journey, and that needs to include any bumps I hit along the way.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and found something in it to be helpful. If you are dealing with a similar struggle, know that I support you and we've got this!

And remember, you can keep up with my daily fitness progress on my instagram @kristinaalovee!

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment