Friday, May 11, 2018

How I Use My Life Planner

Hi!

Most of you may not know that I am a very organized person, and am always using a planner. My life can be busy sometimes since I work in retail, co-host a monthly readathon, have a YouTube channel, two blogs, am back in university, and run two Instagram accounts. Keeping all of that organized with my personal life can be overwhelming, but my life planner keeps me on track. 

I love watching planner videos and reading organization posts, so I thought I'd share with you how I use mine! This is my third year using an Erin Condren life planner, but my first year using a horizontal layout. 


First, my monthly view! I follow the same idea for each month, and it has been working very well for me. On the right-hand column I list all of my goals for the month, since seeing them every day keeps me accountable. I always note when I get paid, and place a scale sticker on every Monday to keep track of my weight. 

If I have anything planned or booked in the month I'll write it in an orange pen, but it looks like I'm pretty open this month. Besides my trip to New York obviously. 

Something I started doing this year is tracking when I work out, and when I finish reading a book. I use little exercise and book stickers to make them stick out, and easier to tally at the end of the month. 

I use these tally's to reflect at the end of the month, and write down all of the books I read. Here's a picture of what March looked like!

I like to keep my weekly spreads simple, but I keep my tasks and events colour coded! I'm obsessed with Sharpie pens, and found that laying out my week this way helps the things stick out to me. 

My system:
Orange = life event, purple = YouTube, pink = blog, blue = Instagram, and red = school. Any other tasks that I need to get done that day/week, I just write in pen. 

I don't use the notes section in the back of the planner, except for tracking what my yearly goals were. 

And finally in the back pouch I keep the stickers I use often (like my ones for books and workouts). 

I'm pretty sure I covered everything, so I hope you enjoyed this post! I bring my planner with me everywhere, and have no doubt I would be lost without it. 

If you are interested in getting a life planner, check out my link here

No comments:

Post a Comment